General instructions: If you require help with completing your ballot package or if you have any questions about voting:
Call our Voting Helpline at 1-800-578-0991
Email us at [email protected]
Click here for our How to Vote infographic
Frequently Asked Questions – Click for answers
- When will I get my voting ballot?
- What do I do if I don’t receive my ballot by August 5th?
- How does the ranked ballot work?
- What do I do if I lost my ballot?
- What do I do if I destroyed or spoiled my ballot?
- What do I do if I lost/ destroyed my ballot envelope or outside envelope?
- Why are there 2 different postal codes being used for the ballot return?
- I don’t trust Deloitte getting my ballot.
- I signed up with my preferred name, but my given name is on my ID. or the ballot has a mistake in the spelling of my name. what do I do?
- I have a new address. my address recently changed, what can be done?
- I’m away on vacation. how can I vote?
- My ballot has the wrong title for me (e.g., Mr. instead of Mrs. or Ms.)
- When is the absolute last day to mail in my ballot?
- What are acceptable forms of id that can be photocopied with my ballot?
- What are acceptable forms of id for younger members (e.g., 14 or 15 year old)?
- I’m putting Roman #1 on my ballot.
- Who does Roman recommend putting as a #2 choice?
1. WHEN WILL I GET MY VOTING BALLOT?
If you registered as a member with the Conservative Party of Canada on or before June 3, 2022, you will receive a voting ballot in the mail by Friday, August 5th, 2022. If you don’t get your ballot by August 5th, go to this link https://www.conservative.ca/ballot-reprint/ to submit a ballot reprint request.
2. WHAT DO I DO IF I DON’T RECEIVE MY BALLOT BY AUGUST 5th?
If you don’t get your ballot by August 5th, go to this link https://www.conservative.ca/ballot-reprint/ to submit a ballot reprint request.
3. HOW DOES THE RANKED BALLOT WORK?
You have an option to rank only one candidate or all five candidates, but you must rank at least one.
There is no winner until one of the candidates reaches 50%. If after counting first round votes, no candidate reaches 50% of the points, then the candidate in last place is eliminated off the ballot. Those voters who had the eliminated candidate as their #1 choice, will automatically have their vote counted for the candidate of their #2 choice, and the votes are tallied again. This process repeats until one candidate reaches 50%.
What this means is that there is no risk of vote splitting. If you rank Roman as your #1 choice and he is eliminated off the ballot, then your vote will automatically go to your #2 choice (the more popular candidate ahead of Roman).
Of course, our team sees a path to winning this Leadership race, but if Roman does not, then your vote will go to your #2 choice. In such a case and at the very least, you will send the Conservative Party a strong message in defence of democracy and to all politicians that you reward courage and integrity in politics.
Please note that marking another candidate as #1 and Roman as #2 will mean that he will not get your vote if your first choice gets more votes than Roman.
4. WHAT DO I DO IF I LOST MY BALLOT?
You cannot request a new ballot if you lost your ballot.
5. WHAT DO I DO IF I DESTROYED OR SPOILED MY BALLOT?
If your ballot got ripped, you can tape the ballot back together.
If you accidentally filled your ballot out incorrectly, try to fix your mistake(s) on the ballot (i.e., use white out).
6. WHAT DO I DO IF I LOST/ DESTROYED MY BALLOT ENVELOPE OR OUTSIDE ENVELOPE?
If you lose your ballot envelope, you can use a blank envelope to replace it.
If you rip, seal and re-open, or otherwise destroys your ballot envelope, you can fix the envelope you have with tape or use a blank envelope as a replacement. The Conservative Party will not replace a lost or destroyed ballot envelope.
If you are replacing the outside envelope, fill out the mailing information as 1600-100 Queen St.
Ottawa ON, K1P 5T8, then add your return address and add postage.
If you are replacing the ballot envelope, mark “Ballot Inside” on the outside of it.
7. WHY ARE THERE 2 DIFFERENT POSTAL CODES BEING USED FOR THE BALLOT RETURN?
There are two different postal codes for the ballot return location. Don’t worry, this is intentional because one is prepaid and has no effect on the return of any ballot package.
8. I DON’T TRUST DELOITTE GETTING MY BALLOT.
Members from all campaign teams, including team Baber, are present when ballots arrive and when they are opened. Many lawyers are also present to ensure that the process is fair and that each ballot is counted. We are not concerned with the ballots being mailed to Deloitte and ask that you please mail your vote as soon as you can.
9. I SIGNED UP WITH MY PREFERRED NAME, BUT MY GIVEN NAME IS ON MY ID. OR THE BALLOT HAS A MISTAKE IN THE SPELLING OF MY NAME. WHAT DO I DO?
Fill out this form in the link below as soon as possible and note the reason for request as “there’s an error on my ballot”
And send in at the same time, don’t wait for a response.
10. I HAVE A NEW ADDRESS. MY ADDRESS RECENTLY CHANGED, WHAT CAN BE DONE?
You cannot request a new voting package / ballot due to an address change or vacation away from home. The deadline to change an address was the 15th of June.
11. I’M AWAY ON VACATION. HOW CAN I VOTE?
Have someone mail you the envelope sent to you by the Conservative party and mail it from your vacation place.
12. MY BALLOT HAS THE WRONG TITLE FOR ME (e.g., MR. INSTEAD OF MRS. OR MS.)
It’s ok. Mail it in as it is.
13. WHEN IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST DAY TO MAIL IN MY BALLOT?
The last day to mail in your ballot is Tuesday August 23 2022.
14. WHAT ARE ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID THAT CAN BE PHOTOCOPIED WITH MY BALLOT?
Your ID must prove who you are and where you live.
A photocopy of your driver’s license is enough.
If you don’t have a driver’s license then you will need 2 pieces of ID. First, is a picture ID such as a passport or health card. The second piece of ID is correspondence showing your name and address such as a hydro/phone bill or a bank statement.
A full list of acceptable forms of ID is available at this link:
15. WHAT ARE ACCEPTABLE FORMS OF ID FOR YOUNGER MEMBERS (E.g., 14 or 15 year old)?
You can use student ID plus a letter from your school showing your address.
A full list of acceptable forms of ID is available at this link:
16. I’M PUTTING ROMAN #1 ON MY BALLOT.
Thank you so very much for your support. Roman would be honoured and humbled to lead our party and our country.
17. WHO DOES ROMAN RECOMMEND PUTTING AS A #2 CHOICE?
Thank you for your support and for your vote.
At this time, we do not have a recommendation for second choice. But it is important that our party comes out of this leadership united so that we can defeat the Justin Trudeau liberals.